Bucket List Adventures - 10 reasons to visit Ecuador
The travel experiences that are the furthest, the hardest to reach and the ones closest to your heart. These are the ones I want to add to my bucket list.
I have done road trips around Europe and travelled to Egypt, India and Israel. But in 2010 as a 19 year old I decided to set off for a backpacking adventure to South America with Ecuador as my basecamp for my travels. I finished off with 2 months trecking through Peru, Bolivia, Argentina and Brazil to finish off 6 months which was an inspiring trip.
Ecuador is a country we both hold dearly and here are 10 reasons to visit and why it could be worth adding to your Bucket List.
- Quito (capital) and surroundings - South America's Leading Destination 2018 by World Travel Awards and UNESCO World Heritage City
Quito - Old Town
Quito Tennis - New Town
Quito - Center of the world
Traditional Ecuadorian Food - Colada Morada
Quito - On route to Otavalo
- Otavalo - Home of the famous Otavalo Highlands Market and makers of specialist handcrafted blankets
- Cuenca - The true origin of Panama Hats
- Cotopaxi - A climbers paradise - 5897m
- Banos - known for their dramatic waterfalls and adventure sports
- Mindo - a Cloud forest with a lot of species of birds, butterflies and orchids
- Papallacta - 3300m Hotsprings on route to the Amazon jungle
- Ecuadorian Amazon Jungle - Cuyabeno Reserve - pink dolphins, the famous anacondas, piranhas, puma, caiman and other wildlife animals
- Ecuador Beaches - A surfer's paradise
Ayampe - found on Airbnb
- Galapagos - Charles Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection and amazing mixture of sea and land animals