Summer Essentials: Top Outdoor Activities and Events this Summer in London and UK
From music festivals, balloon fiestas and rooftop outdoor cinemas to foodies festivals, there's plenty to see and do in London and the United Kingdom over July, August and September.
These are some events coming up over the summer to plan around, if you have any spare time.
July to September
- July/August/September -To celebrate 200 years Regents Street has opened its annual traffic-free Summer Streets events
- July 18-21: The Open - One of Golf's Oldest Championship
- July 20-28: National Park City Festival
- Now - Aug 3: Movies on the River and Rooftop Club
- Now - September: Green Rooms Market
- July to October: Illuminating The River Thames - London Bridge, Cannon Street Bridge, Southwark Bridge and the Millennium Bridge. Up to 15 bridges across the Thames will be illuminated by 2022.
- July 25-28: Camp Bestival - The UK's Best Family Festival at Lulworth Castle onThe Jurassic Coast
- August 1-4: Neverworld - Award winning immersive music festival
- August 8-11: Europe's biggest hot-air balloon event. Bristol International Balloon Fiesta
- August 10: Football is back with the return of the The Premier League
- August 22-25: UKs Dance Music Festival
- August 24-26: Oxford Foodies Festival
- August 25-26: Notting Hill Carnival
- August/September 25/8 - 8: The US Open - One of four grand slam tennis tournaments.
Our Top Summer Events of 2019
- June: The Queen's Royal Ascot which started in 1711
- June: David Attenborough's appearance at Glastonbury.
- July 14th: England winning the cricket world cup for the first time
- June/July Women's World Cup: USA dominated but narrowly beat a really strong England team which increased by 402% over the previous 2015 world cup. Well played
- July: Wimbledon's Djokovic (32 years) beating his arch rival Federer (37 years) - who was two match points away from winning - to make it 16 major titles, after winning on a fifth set tie break, in a macth which lasted just under 5 hours.